2 Hearts, one policy – Joint coverage for couples, A “Good Thinking” Proposition
Aviva Life Insurance, today announced the launch of the first ever heart insurance for couples in India -Aviva Heart Care.
A unique feature of this product is that it allows you to cover your spouse and you in the same policy at a nominal extra premium. Aviva Heart Care also has options to restore policy benefits, once the basic sum assured is exhausted, for severe category conditions. The policy provides coverage against 19 mild, moderate and severe cardiovascular conditions, and procedures & allows lump sum payout irrespective of cost of treatment.
Indians are prone to heart ailments due to multiple factors including genetics, unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, stress etc. making it the Cardio Vascular Disease capital of the world. Customer research indicated that people are not adequately covered under a mediclaim policy and also that 78% of hospitalization expenses are out of pocket.
Aviva Heart Care is a dedicated, comprehensive heart care plan that fills the gap that exists today.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Trevor Bull, Managing Director and CEO, Aviva Life Insurance said, “At Aviva, we are committed to helping people lead a healthy life. As part of our “Good Thinking” philosophy, we conceptualized “Aviva Heart Care” to help people achieve their healthy heart goals & also encourage them to make health a priority for themselves and their spouses.”
Speaking at the launch, The Guest of Honour, eminent Cardiac surgeon Dr. Naresh Trehan said, “The incidence of cardio-vascular disease in India has gone up by 30% in people below the age group of 40 years. Today it is among the fastest growing chronic illnesses in India, growing rapidly at 9.2% annually. We often see that people are not sufficiently covered financially when they come for treatment.”
The Aviva Brand Ambassador, Sachin Tendulkar reaffirming the need for such a product said, “As a sportsman I have always emphasised the need for fitness and believe that a healthy heart is key to a happy life. A policy like Aviva Heart Care will ensure that families pledge to their mutual health goals. I believe it is truly “Good Thinking” to insure both hearts that are so critical to keep the family together.”
There are 4 options available with Aviva Heart Care plan
|ME||Comprehensive coverage for self|
|ME+||Comprehensive coverage for self with twice the coverage for severe category conditions|
|WE||Comprehensive coverage for self and spouse|
|WE+||Comprehensive coverage for self and spouse with twice the coverage for severe category conditions|
Key benefits of the plan are as below:
- Comprehensive coverage against 19 cardiovascular conditions
- Benefit paid over & above mediclaim
- Multiple claims allowed basis severity
- Coverage for self & spouse with double the coverage for severe category conditions
- Option to double the coverage for major conditions on exhaustion of initial sum assured
- Couple policy WE comes at an incremental cost basis age, term & sum assured for spouse
For a 40 year old male, with Rs 10 Lakh cover for a 10 year term, the premium is only Rs 4279 and the spouse if say is 5 years younger at 35 years. The combined premium for both would be Rs 4634 including taxes. i.e. just about 8% more to cover the spouse.
The minimum entry age for buying the product is 28 years and maximum entry age is 65 years. The policy term is fixed between 10-25 years, subject to the maximum maturity age of 75 years. The policy has a maximum sum assured of Rs 50 Lakhs/life.
About Aviva India:
- Aviva India is a joint venture between Dabur Invest Corp (DIC) and Aviva International holdings Limited (AIH) – a UK based insurance group, whose association with India dates back to 1834. DIC holds 51% of the share capital while AIH holds 49% of the share capital.
- Aviva in India has 121 branches and over 10,000 FPA’s.
- Aviva India’s CSR program ‘Street to School’ focuses on empowering underprivileged children through education.
- Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AvivaIndia
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/AvivaIndia